Sunday, October 15, 2017

Autumn Tags by Joyce

Like so many of you, Autumn is my favorite time of year.  Now, and when I was a kid, if I find a pile of faded dead leaves ahead of me on my walking path, I stomp on them just to hear the crunchy noise they make under my shoes.






These tags weren't anything like I thought they would turn out to be. You know how you have a certain idea in your head while creating, and a little happy accident materializes? Well, these are my little happy accidents. I first spritz over bright colors of yellow, orange, green and red and they were just too bright for my taste that day. I added some gesso over my work to tone down the colors, and by doing so, the colors blended and toned down to warm dusty autumn colors.  I added some elements I received in some happy mail from my art buddy and soon the tags were creating themselves. I love it when that happens!

Shimmerz Products use on this project were as follows:

Spritz - Tuscan Sun, and Olive Branch
Vibez-Snow Storm

Coloringz-Bleeding Heart, and Mandarin Mai Tai

I hope you experience a little happy accident too.

Thank you for letting me share with you.






4 comments:

Capescrapper said...

So stunningly beautiful!

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous.. are the images in the background stamps?

Jana said...

These are gorgeous!

Scraps of Elegance said...

Yes, there are stamps and paper napkin fussy cutting on the tags too. Thanks for asking.